Sunday, April 17, 2011

"We"


Today at our UU Fellowship we read the litany "We" by Rev. Joy Atkinson. I found it powerful and uplifting, an excellent example of why I have chosen to walk the UU path.

The womb of stars embraces us;
Remnants of their fiery furnaces pulse through our veins.

We are of the stars,
the dust of the explosions
cast across space.

We are of the earth:
We breathe and live in the breath
of ancient plants and beasts.

Their cells nourish the soil;
We build our communities
of their harvest of gifts.

Our fingers trace the curves
carved in clay and stone
by forebearers unknown to us.

We are a part of the great circle of humanity
gathered around the fire, the hearth, the altar.

We gather anew this day
to celebrate our common heritage,
may we recall in gratitude all that has given us birth.

2 comments:

  1. Kyle this was a lovely thing to share. My name is Peg, I'm a practicing Druid (ADF) of almost 20 years now. I happened to stumble across your blog, and I'm now following it. I'm going to share it with members of my Grove and my friends, hopefully they'll follow as well.

    I have a blog on parenting and autism at http://pegster321.blogspot.com/. I hope you'll check it out and maybe follow as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments Pam. Best wishes with your blog and Blessed Be, always!

    ReplyDelete